Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of optimizing your website to get better rankings on a Google search engine results page (SERP). Optimizing for Google, in most cases, will get you similarly top ranked at other search engines.
Frankly, I do not believe that SEO is that complicated, but it does take a significant amount of time to execute properly.
There are many benefits to implementing SEO, including:
- Increased traffic + more inquiries = more sales!
- Better quality leads. Engaged couples who were looking for something and found your website. Use conversion best practices to create a great website design that will turn visitors like that into inquiries.
- Competitive advantage. Engaged couples are going to find someone when they search at Google and it should be YOUR business. If they do not find your website, they WILL find a competitor’s website.
- Top ranked websites at Google have a “prestige” factor and that can also lead to more inquiries from your website.
- Good search engine optimization and the resulting top rankings last a LONG time, which will lead to hundreds of high-quality leads over time.
Learn more about search engine optimization at MOZ, my “go to” resource for all things related to SEO. https://moz.com/learn/seo
Serpbook is a great tool to quickly identify your current search engine rankings for targeted keywords/phrases. http://serpbook.com