If you want better results from your Internet marketing, and more inquiries from your website in 2019, then consider using these Internet Marketing Best Practices.
5. Google Search Console
Another free tool from Google, the Google Search Console (GCS), formerly known as Google Webmaster Tools (GWT), is critically important to managing your online presence at Google. It will give you valuable information about how your website appears at Google, or why it may not appear how you want it to. If there is anything at your website that may adversely impact your visibility at Google, GCS will tell you. https://google.com/webmasters
6. Claim Your Google My Business (GMB) Listing
Another free tool from SEO Google is Google My Business (GMB), formerly Google My Places, or Google Maps. It controls how your official business profile shows up in a Google search. It should be “claimed” as well as properly configured with your business hours, address, contact information, and website address. https://www.google.com/mybusiness
7. Update You “Dusty” Brand or Dated Website
If your website is 3 to 5 years old then there is a good chance it would benefit from some updates, or maybe even a complete overhaul. Get an objective opinion and make the appropriate investment to stay competitive in a very competitive marketplace.
If your website does not create the “Oh Yes!” moment (which is that first impression when a couple visiting your website says “Oh yes, this is what we’re looking for!”) then don’t be too surprised if your inquiries drop off.
The bar has been raised significantly in the last few years in the wedding industry, so don’t get left behind. Is it time for a new, professionally designed logo?
8. Review Your Competition
Get out a notepad and review your competition at least twice a year. Put a reminder in your online calendar (I use Google Calendar).
- What are they doing?
- What promotions are they running?
- What are they doing that you are not doing, but probably should be?
- Take a look at their social media feeds. What is working there?
You absolutely must keep tabs on your competitors. If not, your business will be at a significant competitive disadvantage. Couples compare websites and look at your competitors – you should too!
9. Review & Update Your MARCOM
After that perfect “Oh Yes!” moment at your marketing copy, or the marketing communications (MARCOM) at your website, comes the next make-it-or-break-it moment with engaged couples who visit your business online. To generate more inquiries at this point, review your
- unique value proposition (UVP)
- what’s in it for me? message (WII-FM)
- use of social proof (reviews, testimonials, professional credentials), and
- calls-to-action (CTAs) all directly impact the results you get from your website and ultimately the number of inquiries it generates.